Thursday 4 June 2009

Titus 2

Hello! I haven't been blogging over the last few days because Colin has been off work. So I have been spending some good old quality time with him!



Our family has had a busy few days and God has been giving me lots to think about.


  • Creation - Out in the glorious sunshine in our garden Jacob has become fascinated by how the earth spins slowly round the sun and we have been looking at solar system models on the web.

  • Forgiveness - Jacob has been learning how we need to say sorry to God for the naughty things he does as well as mum and dad and he has been doing this by praying!

What I wanted to think about tonight was Titus 2.

3Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

Yesterday I thought it would be a surprise to tidy Colin's computer cupboard. It was a bit of a state and he was complaining about it the night before. I could have thought to myself "it's some of your mess, tidy it yerself", in fact I did think this!! I just managed not to say it aloud. Practicising taming the tongue!!

(Just off the phone to Colin, read him the above and he suggested that I contributed to the mess too and stress this to my readers, hence this!).

I cleaned it from top to bottom with the kids trying to help but mostly hindering and then squabbling. I felt so excited about my lovely hubby coming downstairs and discovering his nice clean cupboard and I loved seeing his face looking pleased with what I had done.

Now some people may see that as a bit sad, but as a Christian woman and wife I want to please my other half and this simple act of love and service helped me realise how enjoyable it can be. I think God has been showing me that, yes of course my children are a top priority but that my husband needs me too. It is so easy to get caught up in the biz of kids, Church and family but I am learning that God wants me to be more selfless, patient, loving, and aware of needing to invest in my marriage in small acts of love.

Love Collette x

please feel free to add comments to what you think about Titus 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely to hear from my readers and I enjoy all you have to share!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin