Monday 14 June 2010

Things I have been working on!

DSC00163 DSC00164

DSC00165

While Colin watched the England vs. USA football match on Saturday night I decided to try making a quilting star from a tutorial at V and Co. I am very pleased with the way it turned out and it wasn’t really that hard!

I have also been trying to keep my hands busy when the kids are playing or I am just watching TV by hand sewing these cute little hexagons. I honestly cannot remember the blog that inspired them so apologies to the person who inspired me. I have found a link at Sew Mama Sew with an explanation from someone else. The only thing I don’t do is glue the fabric to the hexagon. I manage fine without doing this.

I find them therapeutic and when you can’t get the sewing machine out they are ideal to keep yourself busy while watching the kids at the same time!

Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let not your hands be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well. Ecclesiastes 11:6. NIV.

I also urge you to have a look at this blog. Like a warm cup of coffee. Sarah Mae is taking a look at some huge questions about our obedience and walk with God. Something I have been seriously thinking about lately. Some of the topics she is going to discuss are;

  • Does God command that women be homemakers? (What does it mean to be a “worker at home?” Does God in the scriptures ever call men to be “workers at home?”)
  • What does it mean to “defile (or blaspheme) the Word of God?”
  • Did the Proverbs 31 woman really work outside the home in a job?
  • Does God have anything to say about a woman who has to work to provide for her family?
  • Should a woman who is married but doesn’t have children be a homemaker? What about a single woman?
  • Where is the line between obedience and grace? Is there a line?

How does a sin-saturated world affect all of the above topics?

I urge us all to have a look at what is said and pray about this in our own lives.

1 comment:

  1. Those look great, Collette!! I always wished I knew how to sew!

    And I do follow Sarah's blog. Those are great questions!! Makes you think, huh?

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to hear from my readers and I enjoy all you have to share!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin