Tuesday 8 June 2010

A trip to hospital




Yesterday was a funny old day! Emma fell off her very safe 3 wheeled scooter on our way to our Church Toddlers group. She banged her head on a wall and took a very small gouge out of it.


It became clear later that day that treatment at home wouldn't work so her Gran and I took her to A and E at hospital to get her checked out. Well she was a brave little girl and was very interested in the whole business of course.



The doctor used some steri strips which are like paper stitches to help close the small wound. She said it should heal fine and advised a helmet to an embarrassed mum :( .



Thank the Lord it wasn't worse and she suffered no concussion!!!!




Last night I had the privilege of hearing my son read God's word from his own easy reader Bible! Together we chose the story of Jonah. What an absolute blessing to hear him read this!

There is something very special about hearing your child reading but even more so for it to be God's word.

The little Bible has excellent questions at the end of each section which really gets discussion going with him. We are having many issues with Jacob at the moment over sleep and behaviour. I pray that this time with him and in prayer will resolve these.

Matthew 21:15-17

But when the chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple area, " Hosanna to the Son of David, " they were indignant.

"Do you hear what these children are saying ?" they asked him.

"Yes", replied Jesus, "have you never read ,"'From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise'?".

And he left them and went out of the city to Bethany, where he spent the night.


4 comments:

  1. Poor Emma!!

    Thank you so much for your prayers and support.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Collette! Here is my email address: nikkit3@gmail.com
    Please email me and then I'll respond to the home education question you sent me. I would be happy to share what I've learned about this journey the last 4 school years:)
    Blessings,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Collette,

    I am thankful that Emma was fine. I love it when our kids take what we teach them and replay it back to us in their own words. It seems like you're getting through little by little.


    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww!! Poor baby!! I'm glad that she ended up being okay!!! It's hard to see our babies hurting!!

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to hear from my readers and I enjoy all you have to share!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin