Monday 19 July 2010

Spiritual attacks

I have never been sure what to think of the idea of Satan at work within us and against us however, lately this has been quite apparent in our lives here.

My husband is very sure that he is being attacked in some way and myself also. The result of an attack of the mind by the devil in our lives appears in many ways.

Resentment, criticism, negativity, pride (as if we know it all!!!! lol), division, self doubt, paranoia and so on and on!!

Tonight we nipped it in the bud. It is a horrible feeling to be under attack and fully aware of it but to feel yourself slipping away and allowing the devil to get a hold of your mind.

These are the verses that I read tonight which helped immensely;

1 Corinthians 3

"Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly- mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarrelling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men?". verses 1-3. NIV.

Ephesians 4

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. " verses 29 - 32. NIV.

2 comments:

  1. Collette - oh my friend, i have been there before! Just hang on to the truth of His Word and know that the devil is defeated even now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would feel confident enough to tell anyone to use the details that you have brought up. Thank you :smile:

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to hear from my readers and I enjoy all you have to share!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin