Thursday 5 November 2009

Thankful Thursday!


Hi there! Apologies for not posting much recently or commenting but I have had a hectic few days. It was my birthday yesterday and the day before that I went out shopping and for lunch with Colin.

Today I join Sonya at Truth 4 the Journey for another Thankful Thursday. We list 5 things we are thankful to God for.

  • I am thankful for a change in Jacob's behaviour. He has been quite cheeky and aggressive lately but since Sunday there has been a definite calming down. He still has his moments but it is not as bad as it was at the weekend.
  • I had a lovely lunch out on Tuesday and trip round some shops with my husband. The kids were at their Grandparents. It was so nice and relaxing to spend some quality time together.
  • Last night I helped prepare a Sunday school lesson with my friend. I wasn't sure about being involved this year but I am glad I am. We have a lovely wee group of children and a fantastic team of teachers all aiming for the same goal. God is planning big things!
  • Our Church has a podcast of teachings from our 4pm Bible study hour. This is a blessing and really practical if you miss any of the study. I missed several recently due to the kids being sick, so I am very thankful for the ability to use this.
  • My lovely children singing happy birthday to me yesterday! So precious.



7 comments:

  1. Collette!! It was your birthday yesterday?

    Happy Birthday, my friend!! I hope you had a super blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Happy belated birthday! I am so sorry that things have been so hectic, I hope they slow down. I am glad you go to go out with your husband! Those are wonderful times just being able to be with your husband and focus each other. I will pray that Jacob's behavior will continue to improve, I sort of know where you are coming from as we have had behavior issues with two of our daughters. Anyways, great list sweetie and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday Collette!! Sounds like it was a good one!
    Praises!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww how precious!! Hope your b day went well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday my sweet, sweet friend!!!!!!
    I am so glad you and Colin were able to take some together time and celebrate your b'day!!
    Love your thankful list this week. You are a very blessed woman!!
    BIG HUG!!!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Collette,

    Happy belated birthday blessings to you! I love your list and have to agree with you that when our kids are wonderful with great attitudes it makes being a mom all the more joyful!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday to you! I have been a sporadic commenter lately, too. I have been thinking of you though! Thanks for the reminder that we need to be thankful! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to hear from my readers and I enjoy all you have to share!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin