It is so great to be able to participate in Thankful Thursday again this week! Last week we were plagued by illness so I couldn't blog at all really!
So here is my list of 5 things I am thankful to God for this week.
- I am thankful that we are all recovered from the horrible flu type illness we had. Colin had it the worst and had to take a week off work to recover! Thankfully the kids didn't have it as bad as we did. Anyway all better now!
- When Colin takes time off work he doesn't get paid for it, (he is a taxi driver), so we had no income for the week he was off ill. I was very worried but he did say that there should be enough in the bank. Nevertheless I still worried! However, Colin has discovered he has received a tax refund! Praise God for providing this tax refund at the perfect time! I am so thankful for this!
- The winds have been howling and blowing a gale here lately. There has also been severe flooding in parts of England. I am thankful for a roof over my head and a comfortable home to stay cosy in this winter.
- Thank you Lord that I have one child who is a good sleeper! Emma is still up at night despite sleeping all night recently. I am at a loss as to why this happens but am thankful that Jacob loves his sleep and doesn't rise too early in the morning.
- The miracle of Jesus' birth! I am thankful for this time of year and the opportunity it presents to share more with the kids about what Christmas is truly all about.