Thursday 3 September 2009

Thankful Thursday!


Time for another day of thankfulness to our Lord and Saviour and all he has done for us! To join in with Sonya and the others click here for Thankful Thursday.

My list of 5 things this week are;

  • Time to spend with my daughter Emma. Jacob is at school all day now and although I miss him terribly this does mean that I get to spend quality time with Emma.
  • Answered prayer! Do we give thanks enough for God's answers to our prayers? It is easy to forget! This week I am thanking God for watching over Jacob at school and that he is answering these prayers.
  • Friends you can rely on who will pray for your situation.
  • God prompting me to open my home more to others. I am not a natural hostess but the more I open my home the easier it becomes.
  • I am thankful that God continues to use his word to speak to me. We have recently completed a study of Jonah at Church. Thank goodness we have a God of second chances!!!
So what are you thankful for this week?





10 comments:

  1. Collette,

    In all honesty, I'm with you about opening up my home and the more I do so, the easier it becomes. I'm a natural worrier and so I worry if the food is just right, the presentation, etc, etc, etc. I'm learning that it is about our hearts and fellowship, not that stuff is just right.

    Lovingly,
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I'm with you on the opening up my home too. But God has planted a desire in my heart about this very thing and I'm excited to see exactly what He has in mind. Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Collette - the part about opening your home spoke volumes to me! I need to be better about that - I am just so OC about my house being perfectly clean before I allow it and I need to realize it's not about the cleanliness of the house, but of the inhabitants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to second chances!!

    Glad you are able to have quality time w/ your little girl too!!

    I linked up this week with TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful for a little free time as my baby goes to school a few afternoons a week. It has given me time to reflect on what is important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list Collette! I hope you are doing well! Take care and have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Collette,
    I love your list. I especially like the one of being thankful to the Lord for answered prayers. (I often forget to slow down and see His many wonderful answers!) Blessings my friend, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Collette,

    Great list of blessings from God and things to be truly thankful for. I too am thanking God more for everything good and bad, and what positive results will come from them.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list Collette!! It is too easy to forget answered prayers along the way! Glad Jacob is doing well in school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much to be thankful for! Makes me want to clap my hands when He answers our prayers!

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to hear from my readers and I enjoy all you have to share!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin