Saturday 25 July 2009

Psalm Saturday

I really can't believe it's Saturday again already! The weeks are just flying by so quickly just now and my children are growing too fast!

My lovely friend Deb over at One Single Minute has joined in with Psalm Saturday over the last few weeks. Click on her blog name to link to her thoughtful post!
Today I just wanted to think about two verses from Psalm 13.

But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me.
Psalm 13: 5, 6. NIV.

Other translations use the word bountiful instead of good.



5But I have trusted, leaned on, and been confident in Your mercy and loving-kindness; my heart shall rejoice and be in high spirits in Your salvation.

6I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me.

Amplified Bible.

I love this word "bountiful". The dictionary definition states -

liberal in bestowing gifts, favors, or bounties; munificent; generous.


abundant; ample: a bountiful supply.

To me it is a fuller description of what God has done for us. Yes, he is good to us but I think bountiful speaks of his overwhelming goodness and Grace and Mercy he has bestowed upon us.

I think these verses speak of the things we should be doing as Christians.

We should trust in God's unfailing love. Even when I have felt at my most distant from God, I have clung to promises of his love for us throughout the Bible. An unfailing love is defined as endless, completely dependable. God never lets us down even when family and friends may.

We should rejoice in God's wonderful salvation. Our hearts are to be filled with joy for the wonderful gift God has given us of salvation through his Son, Jesus Christ. Our salvation is amazing and merciful and should fill us with gladness and thankfulness for all that He has done for us!

We should sing to the Lord. The Psalms are full of references to song, music and praising our Lord. By singing to the Lord vocally and in our hearts we are honouring him with the praise and respect he deserves.

"And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God." Colossian 3: 15/16. NIV.

Please feel free to comment on these verses and your thoughts on them.


9 comments:

  1. Collette, These are beautiful verses and they go along with the ones I chose, too!
    Thank you again for doing this! I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great verses with such a great message. Oh, to be immersed in His unfailing Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen - Jesus is GOOD every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please stop by my blog for a little something just for you today!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Saturday to you! I am slowly making my way around to all the blogs that visited me when I was featured on SITS to say "Thank you". It is indeed a fabulous SITStahood.
    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across your blog after having read your comment. Here's my reply to you: http://psalm37v4.blogspot.com/2009/07/michael-jackson-read-this-its-not-what.html

    I'm subbing to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these verses. So glad that his love is unfailing & He is unchanging.
    Thanks for stopping by the 5 moms blog on Friday. I love hearing from those that pop by to read.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Collette...To always remember how bountifully God has blessed us!! Now THAT is a prayer I wish to have answered!!
    Love and hugs!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Collette! Sorry this has been so delayed but I am stopping by to give you a warm welcome to the SITStahood! We are so glad that you could join us and we look forward to seeing you around!

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to hear from my readers and I enjoy all you have to share!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin