Saturday 31 October 2009

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Psalm 139: 13-16 NIV.

Yesterday Colin and I were discussing when the latest babies of our friends are due. Our Church is being blessed by many, many young children just now and it is fantastic. This discussion made me reminiscent of my own pregnancies and babies! Hence the photos above!

I said to Colin how pregnancy never ceases to amaze me and how wonderful and strange it is that only God knows what that little life inside a woman's womb looks like; the colour of the baby's hair, the colour of his or her eyes, the tone of their skin and the personality of the child to be. This made me think of the verses from Psalm 139 above. Certainly there are scans which are so detailed you can see the baby quite well but I think that the air of mystery that surrounds pregnancy is precious.

God is "knitting " these little ones together inside their mummy's wombs and it is so exciting to think of what they will be like. God has the days of their lives planned ahead of them already! What a thrilling thought! That God knows what He wants for our children. We have hopes and dreams for our children but it is such a comfort to know that God also has His plans for our little ones and their best interests at heart.

When we think of these verses we should indeed praise our wonderful maker! He knew you in your mother's womb because He made you! I am in awe of Him.






5 comments:

  1. ahhh, Collette, I chose the same Psalm today! Your post is beautiful. . .as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also in awe of our maker. I stand amazed at my sweet children and grandchildren. How He knew even before I was born, that I would be mother to 3 and nana to 5 and counting!....

    Love to you Collette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet season in life: the joy of new life! Love these Psalms.

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to hear from my readers and I enjoy all you have to share!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin