Thursday 15 October 2009

Thankful Thursday!


Today I join Sonya at Truth 4 the Journey to give thanks to God. We list 5 things we are thankful to God for over the week. It is a great way to focus on being thankful at all times.

  • Last night Emma slept from 9.30pm until 6am. This is unheard of! She was terrible to get to bed. It was a real struggle but thank you Lord that she did not wake up at night. I have no idea what we done differently. I am just thankful for the rest as I cannot remember the last time she slept like that!
  • Answered prayer. A wonderful lady from Church who is a good friend received very good news regarding her health on Wednesday. There were concerns that something was not quite right but this is not the case and this lovely, Godly lady can continue to live life to the full!
  • God has recently placed the topic of head covering on my heart. I posted about this earlier and you can read more here.
I am thankful that God speaks to us in ways we don't always foresee! This prompting came
after a conversation with a friend from Church.

  • School holidays! The schools are off for their October week! Jacob hasn't complained about being bored once. He is enjoying just relaxing at home and getting out and about. Life is at a more leisurely pace! We visited some pigs on Tuesday afternoon and fed them! The kids really enjoyed this. We are also hoping to get to a Wind farm once we get a dry day!


  • My lovely hubby! He is hard working, supportive, encouraging, loving, and funny! Thank you Lord for protecting him when he is out working.
So what do you have to be thankful for this Thursday?



13 comments:

  1. So many things to be thankful for!

    I am also thankful for our holidays we have! It is so relaxing not having to do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A child who has slept through the night is like the peaceful dove who descends on the weary one! Oh how I understand how thankful you are on that one!! Praise the Lord! Alex, my son didn't start sleeping longer than 6hrs until he was about 5. I know how Thankful you are!! May God continue blessing you sweet thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like we both have simply wonderful hubbies!!
    HUGS!!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your thankfuls Collette...and I soooo understand the joy of the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God for sleeping thru the night..lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list! Amen about sleeping through the night. That's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your list of thanks are good especially the little one sleeping all night. What do you do about a husband (68) who wakes up during the night, can't sleep so he watches TV for a while and then comes back to bed. Of course it doesn't wake me up and I don't know it unless I wake up for bathroom reasons.

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Collette,

    Love your blessed list! I remember those simple pleasures like a child sleeping through the night. You are right to add it to your list today! Thankful for God and our spiritual leaders in our homes, our loving hubbies.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh what a sweet thankful post. And oh what an answer that the baby slept through the night. Thankful for sleep and praising God with you.
    Right now I am praying my grandson sleeps at night time!
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. your lists always inspire me! I am so glad that somehow we got connected through our blogs! I hope you have a wonderful blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! Love the 'decent night sleep' - It makes SUCH a difference! I can totally understand that one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am thankful for YOUR good nights sleep! That is such blessing and something that we take for granted!

    Love to you sweet sister

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's funny that you should mention wind farms. We have the #1 producing wind farm in America in our town. My father in law also signed a lease agreement for a wind farm to be built on his land. They are really neat.

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to hear from my readers and I enjoy all you have to share!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin