Saturday 17 October 2009

Psalm Saturday

4 Show me Your ways, O LORD;
Teach me Your paths.
5 Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day.



6 Remember, O LORD, Your tender mercies and Your loving kindnesses,
For they are from of old.
7 Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions;
According to Your mercy remember me,
For Your goodness’ sake, O LORD.
Psalm 25 :4-7 NKJV

I chose to use the New King James version for today's Psalm Saturday because I think it offers a richer translation of the verses I wanted to share with you.

As a Christian we should look to be in obedience to the Lord at all times in everything we do.

And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.
2 John 1:6 NIV



As a believer in Jesus Christ I naturally want to do as he asks. It is like the child eager to please his mum and dad. I want to please God by obeying Him. This doesn't mean that I have a set of rules I need to follow every day. It is an obedience of the heart. There are specific commands in the word of God that as a Christian I should follow. However, my heart needs to be in this obedience too.




Out of my thankfulness for God's forgiveness I want to please Him by living my life in a way that is faithful to Him. So I think obedience comes out of faith and love for Jesus. It is the least I can do for Him when I think of everything he has done for us!

Jesus is such a great example of obedience! He obeyed God's will for his earthly life.



39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.
Matthew 26:39 NKJV

Even when faced with the prospect of a painful death Jesus desired to do as God wanted.

So today I want God to show me His ways and lead me in His truth. I want to delight God in all that I do. I want to be obedient to Him because of his mercy.



















8 comments:

  1. Amen sister! Obedience is where it is at--- and the cry of my heart as well! Blessings, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Collette,

    I am so thankful that God allows us to make the same mistakes over and over and yet forgives us as though it was the first time we ever did it. We, as parents, have so much to learn by looking at our heavenly father for how to be a great parent.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Psalm Saturdays! They speak to me each and every time!!!!

    Have a blessed Saturday, Collette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, thank you so much for doing this, Collette! You always have a very thoughtful post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I absolutely love this one! What a woman of God you are! Your heart radiates with love for our Father. I know His "daddy heart" is beaming with pride over you. We do aim to please, don't we! I am so thankful that is the for the content of my heart that I will be judged. I am preparing my testimony to share in church next Sunday and think that I may use a couple of these verses. I have been looking for and narrowing down scripture that I would like to apply. I love these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your comment on my blog and wanted to come and say sorry that your Emma isn't feeling well. I pray that she gets to feeling better soon. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Collette,

    Beautiful scripture selections. My fervent desire is that God will always lead me in His ways, as well!

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to hear from my readers and I enjoy all you have to share!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin