Wednesday 28 October 2009

Stitch ripping!


A few days ago I made a mistake with part of my binding on the new quilt I am making for my mum. So out came my seam ripper and I set about the tedious task of carefully ripping out stitches. I could have left the mistake and just carried on with the quilt. However, I want this quilt to be just right and as flawless as possible.

And they do say we learn from our mistakes! This reminds me of how God works in our lives. It is inevitable that we will make mistakes along the path of life. I will make the wrong choices, go against God's will and continue to do sinful things. However, I will strive to learn from these mistakes so that I do not make them again.

Like the mistake with the binding, I am certain that I won't do that again! It has added to the time taken to complete the quilt and caused me extra work. I find that God works like this too. When I get it wrong He shows me and then I need to work harder to not make the same mistake or act sinfully again. I want my walk with God to be as good as it can be. I want to be obedient to Him. It doesn't just happen all by itself. I need to be conscious of how I am leading my life and striving towards a Godly life.

I am learning from my mistakes in quilting and also my mistakes in life! Thank you God for forgiveness and patience and Love.

Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.
Isaiah 64:8 NIV.



6 comments:

  1. GREAT analogy! You are so correct. My stitch ripper has been wore out! Poor thing, it so needs a break! Praise God His mercies are new everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Collette,
    That was wonderful and so true. I am so glad that God is full of patience and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the comparison, Collette!! It's so true. Thank God for His grace!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not forgotten about your blog header. :) I started working on it again the other day. I promise I will finish it and make the changes you asked for. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, and a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a beautiful post, Collette. I love it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to hear from my readers and I enjoy all you have to share!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin