Monday 5 October 2009

Little children

Today was another successful morning at our Church Toddlers group. We had a great turnout, no accidents, and lots of happy children!

We have a lovely bunch of regular parents who come along week after week and it is a real blessing. I remember 2 and a half years ago when discussing the idea, we worried so much that no one would come and it would just be Church members with toddlers only! God proved us wrong though!

Our group has been blessed with a reliable team, regular toddlers and parents and a close knit group who show a genuine care for each other and the group.

Looking around at all the small children today reminded me of the following verses;

When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
Mark 10:14 NIV




13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

PSALM 139 :13-14 NIV


Clearly God wants these little ones to know about Him. This year in the Toddlers group we have introduced weekly crafts with a biblical theme. This has gone down really well with the children and the parents. We have a relevant Bible verse on the crafts for the kids to take home. This is our way of trying to communicate God's love to everyone who comes along including our own children.

The little ones are so precious and display such wonder at new experiences in life they really are an example to us all. God made every one of them, he knows how many hairs are on their heads;

And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
Matthew 10:30


My prayer is that each of these little ones that comes along can come to know God in a very real way in their lives as they grow and move on into the world. Lord help them remember the group and the things they have learnt about your wonderful works and world you created. I pray that our work is always done with your glory in mind and done in your will.






5 comments:

  1. Collette,

    What a blessing God has provided all of you in putting this program together and making it a successful one at that.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Collete! I just gave your blog and award! Come check it out at my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Collette,
    Sounds like you have a wonderful group! I agree with your prayer for them sister! So be it! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that verse from Mark...praises for your group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree w/ you, Collette!!!

    Our families should be our first ministries. There will always be times when we can serve in church. There is a season for everything!!!

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to hear from my readers and I enjoy all you have to share!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin