Thursday 1 October 2009

Thankful Thursday!

Today is when I join Sonya at Truth 4 the Journey to give thanks to God. We list 5 things we are thankful to God for over the last week or so. If you would like to join in then please click on the link above!
  • A God who provides and knows our circumstances! Last Friday I took Emma shopping for new shoes. I really didn't want to pay the prices in Clarks, £30 upwards, so we tried several cheaper shops but nothing was suitable. In the town centre we discovered a lovely shoe shop that looked v expensive but had a sale rack. The lady was very sweet and Emma had her feet measured and needed new shoes! There were a suitable pair on the sale rack which fitted Emma perfectly. And the price? My ultimate bargain of the year so far! Reduced from £39.99 to £10!!!!!!!! How cool was that! Colin was pleased and they are gorgeous, leather, sturdy and she loves them!

  • I am thankful for a beautiful crisp Autumn morning. On the way to school Jacob and I spoke about what season it now is and how God changes the seasons. I can't believe it is the 1st October already and Autumn!


  • Last night Colin and I had a lovely visit from two of our Church Elders. The Elders like to visit Church members every now and then. It was really encouraging for both of us and we really appreciate the time taken over these visits. I am thankful to God for encouraging words, great Bible teachers at Church and a loving, caring Church family.

  • The power of prayer. At our toddlers group on Monday a lovely friend who helps was talking about how she gets frustrated because she can't help physically as much as she would like with our children at Church. She said that she always prays for them though! I was so touched by this because it is even more important that people are praying for our children than whether or not they can run around after them!

  • Finally I would like to thank God for sending Jesus. I thank Him for the promise that one day Jesus will return to this earth.
12"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
Revelation 22:12-13 NIV


17For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd;
he will lead them to springs of living water.
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."
Revelation 7:17 NIV.


14 comments:

  1. God is so good...all the time! And yes, come, Lord Jesus!

    Have a blessed autumn, Collette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a greatful heart my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've had a wonderful week of warm fuzzies!! :o) Lovin' your list!
    HUGS!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful list of your hearts praises to our King!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's awesome how God provides our needs and surprises us! I too am thankful for autumn! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful list friend. I am also grateful for the Autumn season and for God's knowing and provision. I can relate to His provision in this tougher season financially. God bless you sister, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessing about the shoes!! God knows our every need...big or small!!!

    Yes...and we're awaiting his return!! That will be an amazing day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Collette,

    Love your list! Great find at a shoe store and made a huge savings and got some great shoes! Love that you are being inspired by so many people in your life with God's blessing in looking out for you and your family.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful list of thankfulness! I love it when we can find a bargain too:)

    God bless!

    Happy TT!

    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome deal on the shoes! As fast as kids grow its always nice to find good shoes for such an inexpensive price.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful list to be thankful for. God is so good to us allllllllllllll the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely list:-) Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Collette, This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I'm glad Emma got new shoes and you got a bargain!
    I'm glad that the lady shared that she always prays for the children.
    Glad you got a visit from the Elders.
    Glad for everything that you're thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope to join with you next Thursday on 'Thankful Thursday' - on my new blog http://faithstart.blogspot.com/

    Please remind me!!

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to hear from my readers and I enjoy all you have to share!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin