It's that time of the week again when I list 5 things I am thankful to the Lord for. If you would like to join in then please visit Sonya over at Truth 4 the Journey to link up.
- I am thankful that God has blessed me with a son and a daughter. They fight like cat and dog quite often, but really do have their moments of cuteness when they cuddle. I was baking fairy cakes on Tuesday and they both helped me, but Emma doesn't like the noise of the mixer. Jacob cuddled her and said I will keep you safe! How cute is that!
- An abundance of food in my kitchen! We take this for granted don't we?
- Friends! I have some lovely, special friendships and am so thankful for them. They encourage, admonish when needed, care, pray and are just such blessings in my life.
- Clothes on my back and shoes on my feet! Every now and again I feel sorry for myself and grumble about not having enough clothes or shoes. How selfish of me when I have a God who provides my every need. When I think of the poverty in this world I am quickly reminded of how selfish I can be.
- Team work. Yesterday, some of us gathered at Church to have a large scale clean up of the building. It was hard work but we all worked together as a team with a common goal. All of our kids were being looked after by one brave man who volunteered to look after 5 (2 his own) while we done this task.
So what are you thankful to God for this week?