I truly, honestly cannot believe it is Thursday again already!!! Is it just me, or does time seem to pass quicker and quicker as we get older?
So today I am listing 5 things I am so thankful to God for. If you would like to participate then please visit Sonya at Truth 4 the Journey.
- Jacob is in his second week at Primary school. He is enjoying it even more than last week and his lovely teacher says that he has settled in really well. This is a real relief to me and at last I am feeling more at peace about this stage in his life. On Tuesday his teacher invited all the parents of the P1 class in for some information on what the children will be learning and how we can help at home. The school really encourages all the kids to learn for themselves and not spoon feed them with information. If a child is really really keen to learn something, then the teacher encourages this and the child can investigate further.
I am so thankful to God that he has answered my prayers on this topic and shown me that this is the direction he wants for Jacob for now.
- My husband plays 5 a side football (soccer) every Wednesday with the guys from Church. He would say himself he is not at all sporty but feels he needs to do some kind of exercise. Well last night he scored another goal. The previous 2 weeks he has scored as well!! He is very pleased about this. I am thankful to God for encouraging him to keep doing this as it is good for him on so many levels.
- On Monday we were blessed with more mums and children at our Church Toddlers group. Several of our "regulars" were there also. We have introduced a Bible related craft at the start of the group also. This was quite a bold move for us because we really haven't done anything too "Churchy" with the children on a regular basis. So we made cotton wool sheep and the kids really loved this activity. I am thankful to God for blessing this work and for ensuring it is well received by the kids parents also. Emma also loved this activity and her wee sheep! I was going to put a photo up of this but my software for transferring images is playing up!! The sheep said "Jesus keeps me safe" on them.
- I am grateful for a God that forgives us and loves us like a Father loves his children. Sometimes I just can't take in why he would love us so much!
- I am thankful for sleep! It restores and refreshes me for the day ahead.